Research Scientist, Molecular Biology (Technology Development)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
UK Lab /
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical & dental care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, income protection and life insurance, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is expanding its R&D team responsible for the development and optimisation of its core technology. We are seeking a talented molecular biologist with a creative and ambitious mindset to work alongside the assay development team. This role would report to the Director of Technology Development.
● Development of novel molecular techniques and tools for high sensitivity molecular diagnostics
● Characterisation and optimisation of molecular assays
● Design a complex multistep assay
● Detailed recording of obtained results
● Presentation of results to the team
● Design and perform experiments with great attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Demonstrated ability to apply your knowledge and expertise to complex challenges
● Broad understanding of NGS assay workflows with hands-on experience (essential)
● Broad understanding of DNA manipulation methods including editing, amplification and modification
● Broad understanding of assay development methodology including testing of sensitivity and specificity (NGS and others)
● Skilled in pushing molecular techniques into new areas, potentially working at single molecule levels
● Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong attention to detail
● Can-do attitude to problem-solving using novel approaches
● Experience in at least some of the following areas:
o High-sensitivity molecular assay development
o Hybridisation and capture technologies
o Multiplexed PCR/qPCR/dPCR
o Isothermal amplification techniques
o Development of assays detecting DNA/RNA target of interest
o Cancer diagnostics
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● PhD or significant proven relevant academic or industrial experience in molecular biology
● At least one year industrial or academic experience in relevant field (strongly preferred)
● Substantial experience in the development of molecular techniques and tools