Product Delivery – AEVI Enabled Hardware Product Delivery /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
AEVI is looking for an Android Developer to join our growing company based in Prague.
As a core member of the team, you will be working with payment experts and Java/Kotlin/Android developers to create payment solutions for all our partner SmartPOS platforms. As well as this you will be helping to build, maintain and improve our AppFlow Open-Source developer facing software APIs and applications. You have extensive experience with Java/Kotlin development, the Android platform and best practices and conventions related to these.
You have high attention to detail and value using proven development tools, approaches, and processes for the job. Solid communication skills are essential, as is your ability to work in a team. You will be an advocate for AppFlow and communicate with external third-party developers on the implementation and use of our APIs.
The role will be completely remote so you must be prepared to work from home during UK business hours and have constant broadband access. You’ll receive a Windows or Mac laptop or have the choice of using your own equipment providing certain security requirements are met.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Java and Kotlin development for the Android platform
- Analyse existing Java/Kotlin/Android code
- Assist in technical solution design
- Following development processes and guidelines
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure high quality code
- Write and maintain developer documentation to support the APIs
- Android Studio
- Git via GitHub
- Continuous Integration via GitHub Actions
- Unit / Integration testing via JUnit, Robolectric, Mockito, etc
- Pre-commit code reviews and build verification
You will get to work on the frontier of Android and payment technologies. We use modern, first-class tools and methodologies such as:
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Degree in computer sciences or similar sciences
- 5+ years Java/Kotlin development
- 2+ years Android development
- Object oriented design patterns and best practices
- Java testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, etc
- Android testing frameworks such as Espresso, Robolectric, etc
- Any previous payment terminal or payment application experience
- Any previous experience with MDM and AOSP
- Integration and experience with online APIs (REST/JSON/XML)
- Dependency Injection (Dagger)
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: