Finance – Finance/Controlling /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
AEVI is looking for a Junior Accountant who will be supporting AEVI’s Accountant Team while the business grows and internationalizes. You will be mainly responsible for AEVI’s accounts payable process, from purchase order creation, via supplier invoice coordination to accounts payables management. You will support the annual audits - supervising, tracking and evaluating the day-to-day accounts payable activities.
You will be part of our Accounting team, that is composed by 4 passionate accounting professionals located in Paderborn and Prague and which will be growing as we further detach from our parent company. You will be working closely together with our Tax/Treasury team and the Controlling team, supporting with analysis to raise the bar for the group reporting.
You will be reporting to AEVI’s Head of Finance.
What you’ll be doing: Junior Accountant
- Part of the accounting team in Germany, UK, Czech Republic and further countries
- Operational responsibility for the full range of accounts payables accounting (purchase orders, supplier invoice management, accounts payable and group policies)
- Support on intercompany reconciliation and invoicing between the group entities
- Review journal entries (e.g. outstanding invoices) and supplier account reconciliation and perform analytical reviews of actuals
- Supporting the IFRS standards for the group and ensure their application
- Support of the preparation of annual financial statements including notes and management reporting for the group and any interim reporting required
- Responsible for the integrity and assurance of the accounts payable ledgers
- Having the chance to support on business controlling matters
- To develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, focussing on efficient ways of working for both current and new processes
The successful AEVI’ator: Junior Accountant
- University degree or similar qualification with a focus on accounting
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an audit firm or international group
- Profound know-how and experience in IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in helping to prepare statutory accounts / group accounts
- Good team player mentality
- Proactive, organised and independent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Excel skills (advanced)
- SAP skills (advanced)
- Proficiency in English is essential
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: