Site Reliability Engineer
Technology & Operations – Operations /
Full Time Employee
To work at Aevi is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at Aevi, and we are looking for Aevi’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
Aevi is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join our growing UK team. You will be joining a growing community of likeminded problem solvers passionate about highly available production environments. You will be engineering automated solutions for rapid mitigation of operational risks, as well as developing world class observability for a cutting-edge Fintech production environment.
What you'll be doing: Site Reliability Engineer
- Establish best practice for technical troubleshooting and triaging of complex issues
- Establish continuous improvements endeavours, such as the eradication of toil
- Establish Aevi’s adoption of SRE best practices
- Drive site issues to mitigation
- Run the production environment through a holistic, data-led view of system health (latency, traffic, errors, saturation)
- Develop and implement standards for defining, measuring and optimising performance KPIs
- Proactively develop solutions that provide enhanced reliability and availability
- Collaborate on Technology Improvement Plans, establishing architectural awareness
- Utilise your unique perspective of the production environment to drive mentoring programs amongst your fellow Aevi'ators, namely within the Product Development teams
The successful Aevi'ator: Site Reliability Engineer
- 3-5 years within a DevOps/SRE role within an AWS environment
- Experience driving incidents to mitigation within a critical production environment
- Takes responsibility for customer centric decisions
- Demonstrated practical experience of optimising tools such as GIT, Grafana, Bitbucket, WildFly, Java, Docker, Zabbix, & Newrelic
- Relevant practical programming skills (Python, Bash scripting etc)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience in establishing and developing knowledge through workshops, SOPs and runbooks
- Payment industry experience, particularly in a client facing remit
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- SQL / Aurora knowledge
- Android application knowledge
- Linux Administration skills
- English fluency is required, other languages are beneficial
It’s a bonus if you have:
Life at Aevi
When you join Aevi you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, open and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes Aevi great. Our playbook for better working includes valuing each other. We want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You’ll be joining a fun, ambitious team with a real focus on collaboration. We’re flexible too, so you can work remotely or in our offices. Whatever’s best for you.
· Quick integration into a highly motivated, global team
· An open, flexible culture allowing you to work in the way that works for you
· Fun team and company-wide events
· Space, time and tools for self-development
· Career development guidance and opportunities
Who are Aevi:
We’re a global community passionate about shaping the future of payments.
Our mission is to build a more open world, where anyone, anywhere, can take or make any kind of payment.
As the in-person payments experts, we connect digital and in-person channels, orchestrate checkout flows, and set transactions data-free.
Today, we’re operating across Europe, Australia and the US with offices in London, Prague, and Paderborn.
Setting payments free.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.