Product Manager - Gateway
Product Management – Product Management /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
The Role: Product Manager - Gateway
Having an open standards-based, cross-border and device-agnostic payments gateway at its heart, the AEVI Platform can handle the full range of payments complexity. Seamless integrations allow cross- and omni-channel solutions to be implemented quickly.
AEVI is looking for a Product Manager to join our growing Product Management team and support our ongoing expansion and success, you will be responsible for our Gateway products
Reporting into our SVP Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for managing the product life cycle for assigned products, taking them from a high level strategy through requirement definition, product implementation, enhancements, and documentation.
What you'll be doing: Product Manager
- To design and develop the product in line with company strategy and to manage the execution of the agreed roadmap. This will include the development of business cases and documentation for assigned products
- To apply, monitor and report on the relevant internal processes for the entire product lifecycle e.g. objectives, methods and metrics for product adoption to track success
- To work with Product and Delivery colleagues, driving detail and expanding on and refining requirements
- To actively seek out market and competitor intelligence, research and customer feedback and ensure that this is feedback into the shaping of product requirements
- To define the product roadmap and continuously monitor it to ensure it always remains valid and course correct where required
- To shape the future direction of the API product API product suite and encompass the wider business strategy
- To analyse the product’s performance and success, mitigating gaps to ensure the best market and financial outcome possible
- To identify and validate new product opportunities to drive client adoption and subsequently product sales and profitability
- To proactively pre-empt potential problems and challenges, identify and manage implementation risk
- To ensure the product meets current and future client and market needs
- To gather client feedback and work in collaboration with the sales, marketing and operational teams to continually improve and deliver a high quality product
- To cultivate and grow relationships with the clients and partners in areas such as product definition and marketing campaigns
- To develop and maintain a reputation of expertise/thought leadership in the assigned industry sector. This will include representing the Company at industry events, and contributing to the development of knowledge and standards.
The successful AEVI'ator: Product Manager - Gateway
- Previous experience and success in taking an API suite (ideally payment acceptance solutions) through the applicable lifecycle events but particularly including the creation, documentation and design of new products and in taking them to market
- The ability to present effectively with energy and clarity, to a variety of audiences in different environments as well as in sales situations
- The ability to visualise and articulate process and data flows
- The ability to run a backlog and produce a reliable comprehensive roadmap
- The ability to manage a product roadmap using an Agile process, such as Scrum/ Kanban
- Must have a proactive and creative approach to the development of new ideas (ideation) combined with a high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- A proven track record of successfully delivering a suite of API’s through ideation to completion which has included co-ordinating/leading cross functional teams
- Experience of, and passion for, developing and delivering customer focused, complex, technology products that are unique and scalable
- Highly organised and autonomous with a can do attitude and a willingness to be hands-on
- Great communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to articulate complex business and technology information to CXO level both internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience of the producing of sales, marketing and technical collateral/ documentation as part of the end to end process of product development and deployment
- Sound planning and time management skills and the ability to handle and prioritise multiple issues at the same time
- A very demonstrable experience of designing and managing an API strategy and product set in a fast moving but heavily regulated environment is vitally important
- Experience of physical payment devices and digital payment methods from an acceptance perspective is a significant advantage
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a multi-functional team and can drive results through relationships with other people, teams and stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: