Technical Support Engineer
United States /
Operations – Operations /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
AEVI is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join a growing and exciting team.
The Technical Support Engineer is a senior technical role contributing to a cross-functional client service team that handles all requests coming from AEVI’s clients, primary objective to address those requests in the most efficient and effective manner.
In that respect, the team has a mixture of technical, analytical, and soft skill competence allowing them to perform the most common requests themselves, while directing other requests to a team of AEVI experts for resolution. The performance of a L3 Application Manager is evaluated by the KPI of the operations department. Those are closely related to the success of AEVI’s clients.
The Technical Support Engineer is the last line of support of the technical supporters of a wider team that makes AEVI clients successful.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Advanced troubleshooting of complex incidents and problems.
- Problem management
- In depth root-cause analysis
- Identify gaps and performance bottlenecks
- Deal with architects, developers and involved 3rd parties (e.g. Telco’s, Banks, Acquiring partners, CRM providers) to solve the issues
- Transition of new features and projects to production, including all pre-requisites for successful operations. (Operational readiness checklist)
- Bridge with R&D on issues and defect priorities for continuous service improvement
- Education, knowledge transfer, mentoring precedent levels
- Coordination with Customer Service Manager, negotiating solutions with technical representatives of customers
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- To maximize value for the team, the L3 Application Manager will master the majority of the following technologies:
- ○ Linux Administration skills (Mandatory)
- ○ Good analytical skills – SQL, pivot tables, statistics
- ○ TCP/IP networking knowledge
- ○ API concepts knowledge
- ○ Amazon Web Services (mandatory working knowledge)
- ○ Android applications
- ○ GIT, Bitbucket, WildFly, Java, Docker, Zabbix
- The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in one or more of the above technologies and have experience in the face2face payments industry.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills, familiar with “swarming” and other DEVOPS concepts is a plus
- Experience as a coder is a plus
- Experience in a B2B client-facing role is a plus
- English fluency is required
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: