Senior C++ Developer
Delivery – Professional Services /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
AEVI is looking for a Senior C++ Developer to be based in the growing team in Prague (we are also open to remote workers too)!
The Senior C++ developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintenance of an application for payment terminals. You will be responsible for diverse analytical and programming tasks. Main focus of this role is area of key management and key loading as well as development of changes in payment application according to customer’s requirements. You will be reporting to Development Manager.
You will be based in Prague office (but you can work anywhere from Czech Republic) and international travel may be required (when the situation allows).
What you'll be doing: Senior C++ Developer
- Your daily bread will be design, development and maintenance of an application for payment terminals especially with focus on process of Key Management and Key Loading
- You will partake diverse analytical and programming tasks like communication protocols, security, payment transaction processing, data storage
- Part of your role is technical leadership and supervision of junior developers
- You will be developing one application for multiple (and very different) platforms, keeping backwards compatibility
The successful AEVI'ator: Senior C++ Developer
- Extensive C++ programming skills and proven experience
- Open and creative mindset, comfortable with uncertain, changing requirements and fast paced development
- Good communication skills and having a knack of motivating a team
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the payments industry – chip cards, terminals and transactions with knowledge of issuing is a plus
- Understanding of EMV chip and contactless standards, technology, architecture and products is a plus
- Familiarity with standards and concepts including ISO8583, SPDH, PCI-DSS, NFC is a plus
- Understanding of security and cryptography, such as data encryption and authentication protocols is a plus
- Knowledge of certification processes of payments associations (MasterCard, Visa) is a plus
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: