Finance – Quality Management /
Full Time Employee
To work at AEVI is to be part of a fun, inspiring global community who are passionate about shaping the future of payments.
We are free thinkers that love innovation and breaking the mould. We are going through an exciting growth period at AEVI, and we are looking for AEVI’ators who share our values to join us on this adventure.
AEVI are currently seeking an experienced Test Manager to join our QA Team at this exciting time in AEVI's current expansion plans.
The Test Manager will act as a senior member of AEVI’s QA organization, the successful candidate will define and lead the execution of end-to-end testing for major programmes, development / upgrade projects and for ‘stand-alone’ testing services.
The Test Manager will also help to define, improve and re-shape SW test strategies and processes.
What you'll be doing: Test Manager
- To lead the definition of individual test plans, test strategies, processes, and procedures
- To liaise closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, and project / programme management personnel to ensure testing is robust and comprehensive
- To manage end-to-end testing activities, including estimating, definition of detailed delivery schedules, testing milestones and dependencies, entry/exit criteria, acceptance and quality criteria, risk assessment, management of sub-contractors / partners
- To ensure sufficient resources and skill levels are planned and in place. To ensure staff is equipped and fully briefed about testing requirements
- To manage testing delivery against the agreed plan and initiate ‘remedial’ action (or escalation), when required. To ensure the smooth transition from testing into ongoing support and delivery
- To ensure the testing methodology is followed, particularly regarding planning, control, reporting, documentation, quality, risk analysis & management and change control
- To ensure that the test deliverables, including Test Approach, Test Plan and Estimations, Test Summary Report and Test Closure Report are of high quality and inline with the Company’s overall test strategy
- To ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the testing activities, acting as a primary contact point for customers (particularly where testing is taking place on customer sites). This includes internal and external customers
- To ensure all testing ‘stakeholders’ are identified, sufficiently informed and involved during all stages of the testing activities
- To participate in customer meetings, particularly leading the demonstration of our testing credentials and capability to potential clients
- To ensure appropriate and timely reporting of all activities and escalation, within AEVI and to the customer, where necessary
- To lead, manage, coach and mentor all personnel in the team to ensure high levels of utilization and efficiency and to develop ‘new talent’ within the Company for the future
- To set and agree goals for personnel in the team to ensure achievement of results and focus and motivation of staff
- To monitor performance against targets on a regular basis, taking remedial action, when necessary
- To provide input and continuously improve the Company’s overall testing strategy, methodology and standards
- To define testing tools and automation requirements and to provide inputs to QA automation roadmap
- To create the business case for any investment in testing tools and/or automation
- To guide and support less experienced team members, encouraging and ensuring compliance with relevant standards and overall work quality
- To encourage a company-wide "Quality Culture" where quality is viewed as everyone's responsibility
- To participate in the appropriate forums and events in order to maintain awareness and to raise the profile of the Company
- To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time
The successful AEVI'ator: Test Manager
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- Ideally ISTQB Advanced Level Certification with Agile Level extension or similar
- Degree in computer science or similar
- Experience in creating and communicating test strategies for complex programmes (new deliveries or change) on tight deadlines
- Experience in creating and maintaining automated test frameworks and test scripts using appropriate tools to deliver cost reductions (commercial or resource/time savings)
Life at AEVI
When you join AEVI you can expect to work in a flexible, honest, and supportive environment where we all work smarter and not harder.
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes AEVI great and one of our key values is to value each other and we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing.
What's in it for you?
You will be quickly integrated into a highly motivated and global team
An open and flexible culture that allows you to work in the best way for you
Lots of fun stuff – company and team events that include cooking classes, after work drinks, quizzes and book clubs (virtually and hopefully soon face to face)
Space & time for Self-Development and a host of tools available
Large network of partners and investors
Who are AEVI:
AEVI is an international forward-thinking FinTech start up with offices in London, Prague and Paderborn who provides merchant-facing businesses with a platform that enables merchants to run their businesses smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology and business solution for the best in-store customer experience.
We are backed by some hugely influential tech supporters, with Diebold Nixdorf remaining as the majority shareholder, we are lucky to innovate next to other shareholders that also share the same vision and ideals. Our group of minority investors consists of Mastercard, HPE Growth Capital and Schroder Adveq.
Curious? Take a look behind the scenes: