Linguistic Solutions Consultant (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Solutions – Solutions Consulting /
The Solutions Consulting team at Acrolinx is growing and we’re seeking an experienced Linguistic Consultant to interact directly with our most strategic accounts. In this client-facing role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring customers both understand and take full advantage of the powerful linguistic capabilities of the Acrolinx platform. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong linguistic background who has a passion for both language and technology, but who thrives on helping customers achieve their goals most of all!
The role is a remote work from home position, based in the US, but with team structures globally.
- Consulting with customers on style guidelines for various content types (technical documentation, marketing, user interface)
- Providing advice on managing corporate terminology in Acrolinx, both from a reference and from a checking perspective
- Recommending features and settings in Acrolinx to help customers achieve their goals
- Explaining Acrolinx features in detail to administrators and writers with a focus on terminology, consistency, clarity, tone, and inclusive language
- Leading training sessions on Acrolinx features for administrators and writers, including the development of dynamic and engaging training materials
- Explaining individual guidelines and their purpose
- Evaluating customer and third-party style guides in corresponding to Acrolinx features
- Analyzing customer content manually and with Acrolinx to identify and summarize key opportunities where Acrolinx can add value
- Advocating customer needs and requests to the Acrolinx technical team
- Communicating linguistic and technical capabilities in a voice understandable for customers
- Demonstrating the performance of customer content based on Acrolinx data
- Resolution of linguistic questions and issues throughout their lifecycle
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- 3+ years of relevant experience in content creation or linguistics
- Experience working both independently and with remote teams
- Cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-facing training/consulting experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude/experience working with SaaS platforms
- Degree from an accredited institution
- Ideally, background in corporate terminology management
- Ideally, experience with language technology tools (terminology databases, translation memories, etc.)
- Ideally, experience with CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce), Customer Service software (e.g. Zendesk) or similar tools
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
You can expect:
· A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes
· Support in getting up to speed
· Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.