Cloud Support Engineer (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Support – Support US /
Acrolinx helps the world’s greatest brands to create amazing content. Built on science, with a love of language, Acrolinx is the brainchild of the world’s leading experts in natural language processing who set out to solve tough content challenges for large organizations. Today, our AI-powered platform is eliminating content chaos and delivering strategy-aligned content, at scale, for top global brands. We’re a committed, worldwide team of highly collaborative people focused on making Acrolinx the best it can be. If that sounds like you, we’d love to have you join us!
Acrolinx is in the Cloud, and we’re looking for that special someone to help us maintain our momentum and allow us to continue to scale our Cloud services. You’ll be providing support for our Cloud platform where you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to implement changes, and optimize current operations. This role is based in the United States where you’ll either be working remotely, or from our Boston office.
You and Your Role
- Provide Cloud Platform support in English
- Lead, document, and develop cloud support services
- Develop Ansible playbooks, apply changes/updates using playbooks
- Improve observability by optimizing and creating alerts in DataDog
- Apply critical thinking skills to connect information from various sources and provide resolution to time-sensitive Cloud Platform issues
- Prioritize tickets based on urgency and complexity
- Communicate with customers, and service providers, and manage issue resolution in our ticketing systems
- Escalate tickets as required with all supporting information
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams at all levels
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Cloud Native platforms
- Experience with Containers and relevant technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working on Red Hat Operating System, Amazon Web Services, and Azure
- A passion for, and experience with automation, using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formations, Azure DevOps and others
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab
- Experience working with, and debugging software using Datadog
- Eagerness to work in a managed services environment providing support and enhancements with a true passion for problem solving and simplifying things
- Agile, ITIL or DevOps experience
- Experience working remotely
- Independent, analytical, methodical, proactive approach
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to learn from written documentation with little additional guidance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Zendesk/Jira
- Experience supporting B2B enterprise software
- You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs. You can expect:
- A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
- Support in getting up to speed.
- Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
- We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
This is our ideal candidate, and we know we’re asking a lot. It could be that you’re only ticking ¾ of the boxes below, but you’re someone that picks things up quickly. If this sounds like you, don’t be shy, please apply!
Additional Relevant Experience
Work in a professional and respectful environment
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding, and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Once it’s safe to do so, we’re planning on moving back to an office setting. We’ll stay remote-friendly and flexible even post-Covid. Fully remote will be an option.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.