Contract Manager (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Legal – Contract Management /
Acrolinx helps the world’s greatest brands to create amazing content. Built on an advanced Al engine, Acrolinx is the only software platform that can actually “read” your content and guide writers to make it better. That’s why companies like Adobe, Boeing, Google, and Philips use Acrolinx to create content that’s more engaging, enjoyable, and impactful.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Contract Manager is a remote position that will support Acrolinx’ global sales team and will draft, review, negotiate and manage commercial contracts, Statements of Work (SOWs) and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs). The Contract Manager will oversee the overall contracting process including policy documentation, process improvements, and initiatives to help scale for growth. Experience with data privacy, compliance, liability issues, and service levels are strongly required.
This is a remote position within the US.
- Draft, review and negotiate enterprise SaaS subscription, cloud and technology agreements, Statements of Work (SOWs) and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
- Work with our Information Security team (based in Germany) to review customer requirements and create internal processes for compliance
- Audit existing contracts for compliance and communicate affirmative obligations to stakeholders
- Identify potential improvements to existing policies
- Update and refine forms on an ongoing basis, incorporating new elements as needed based on products offering, company policies, etc.
- Collaborate to create process improvement of education, training, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of legal experience in a Contract Manager or similar role required.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a high volume of contracts.
- Must have superior organization skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- BA/BS degree. JD degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience preferred
- Tech industry experience preferred
- Substantive experience in addressing contractual issues in cloud, data security, privacy matters
- Strong attention to detail
- To succeed, this role requires you to be a proactive, and results driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- You must be highly organized and to be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You must also know how to prioritize in order to drive multiple initiatives to conclusion in a timely manner.
- You must have strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
Who We are
Acrolinx helps some of the largest organizations write better content, faster, with the only Content Governance solution in the world. Whether it’s a company's content guidelines or tone of voice preferences, Acrolinx captures it all, and then guides all writers — in their preferred authoring environment — to produce consistent, strategically-aligned content. .
- Late stage startup dynamics
- Open minded and inclusive
- Amazing client roster, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Nestle, HP, IBM. The list goes on and on.
- Great perks: yearly trips to our headquarters in Berlin (when we’re all back at the office and allowed to travel again), company paid phone, generous vacation policy, collaborative environment.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.