Technical Support Engineer (m/f/d)
Customer Success – Customer Support /
Full Time, Remote
Acrolinx delivers award-winning linguistic software solutions to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to help create consistent and high-quality content on a global scale.
Acrolinx is looking for a Technical Support Engineer based in the United States either working remotely, or from our Boston office. Using Zendesk and online meeting software, you’ll provide the same “so good they can’t stop talking about it” support experience our end users are used to. You’re customer focused, motivated, ready for technical challenges, and able to work independently and proactively. You have the technical skills required to become a master of Acrolinx software with minimal guidance. You enjoy reading technical documentation and aren’t afraid to provide feedback. You might play around with code in your spare time and are constantly honing your technical skills.
- Provide high-level technical expertise for customers in English
- Communicate with customers and manage issue resolution in our ticketing systems
- Gather required files, reproduce software issues, formulate, and test issue resolution
- Apply critical thinking skills to connect information from various sources and provide resolution
- Escalate tickets as required with all supporting information
- Collaborate with different product specialists to resolve complex issues
- Use remote meeting software to meet with customers and troubleshoot issues
- Assign cases to specific groups within Acrolinx
- Go onsite to technically assist and support customers
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or 2+ years practical experience in a technical support or system administration position
- Experience working remotely
- Independent, analytical, methodical, proactive approach
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to learn from written documentation with little additional guidance
- Strong understanding of: OS X, Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10, and Linux
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of PC hardware, networking, file systems
- Proven experience in risk management/prioritization
- Ability to work under pressure
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Zendesk/Jira
- Experience with Containers and relevant technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Supporting B2B Enterprise software
- Experience with virtualization software such as VMware
- Background in linguistics, translation, or terminology
- Proficiency in German
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs. You can expect:
- A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
- Support in getting up to speed.
- Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just take a look at our list of happy customers from various industries such as software, technology, healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive industries.
Work in a professional and respectful environment
There are lots of reasons to work at Acrolinx. Here are our top 9:
1. We treat each other with respect.
2. Our culture is highly collaborative and mistake-friendly.
3. We value diversity in our staff.
4. We're not a startup and have more than 15 years of experience under our belt.
5. We work diligently in the office, but appreciate time for our private lives.
6. We’re a tight-knit team with a family feel.
7. We’re experts in our domain, with professionalism to match.
8. We have an impressive list of customers.
9. Our work is cutting edge.
WHO WE ARE
Acrolinx helps some of the largest organizations write better content, faster, with the only Content Governance solution in the world. Whether it’s a company's content guidelines or tone of voice preferences, Acrolinx captures it all, and then guides all writers — in their preferred authoring environment — to produce consistent, strategically aligned content.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Late stage startup dynamics
- Open minded and inclusive
- Amazing client roster, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Nestle, HP, IBM. The list goes on and on.