Customer Success Manager (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
Acrolinx envisions a world connected by amazing content, supercharging the billions of enterprise content touchpoints that power the global customer experience. We deliver best-in-class Customer Experience Management (CEM) linguistic software solutions to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to ensure consistent and high-quality writing on a global scale.
We're looking for a Customer Success Manager based in North America working remotely, or from our headquarters in Boston, MA.
Acrolinx Customer Success Managers are a key ingredient to ensuring our customers are able to transform their business processes and get results. As a Customer Success Manager at Acrolinx you’ll act as the primary conduit for our customers to engage with the organization. At the core, you’re primarily responsible for ensuring that our customers derive tangible business value from our solutions and services. Your work will deliver value to our customers, while aligning to meet key retention and expansion goals for the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Own customer renewal, retention, and expansion
· Relationship building
· Value identification
· Outcome management
Own Customer Renewal, Retention, and Expansion
Customer Success Managers will be accountable for the commercial welfare of their portfolio. CSMs will drive the renewal and maintenance sales cycles with our cloud and on-prem customers. You’ll be responsible for developing and managing a 120-day forecast of your renewal opportunities. It will need to accurately reflect the probability to renew and the contributing factors driving the renewal decision. CSMs will also partner with the Account Executive in their assigned territories to refer qualified expansion opportunities.
As a CSM, you’ll work with your key contacts to gain a better an understanding of their business and how decisions are made (both strategic and commercial). You’ll execute a communication strategy within your accounts that presents the right information to the right stakeholders. You’ll deliver value to all stakeholders in your portfolio through training, best practice consulting, and KPI reporting. Most of all you’ll do everything in your power to make your stakeholders successful in their own organization. Know what is important to them and help them deliver results using our solution and services.
CSMs work closely with our customers throughout their lifecycle stages beyond onboarding to facilitate organizational-wide adoption and expanded value from our solution and services. You’ll assist customers in reporting out key metrics from our solution including: user activity, adoption rate, words under management, Acrolinx Score, and overall content improvement. The very best CSMs will work with our customers to translate these product-based value drivers to business outcomes. These may include lead conversion, ticket deflection, increased customer satisfaction, and decreased abandonment rate. Metrics such as these will be reported out via a prescribed EBR and QBR program for our customers.
As a CSM you’ll work with your portfolio of customers to define the KPIs associated with their use of Acrolinx. Beyond KPIs related to product usage and adoption metrics, we task our CSMs to take the next step with our customers and ask “why are you doing this?”. Once the proper business outcomes are associated with our solution, CSMs can partner with customers on the metrics associated with success.
CSMs assist the Project Manager, when needed, to coordinate product delivery, entitlements, professional services, and training. You’ll work with your primary customer contacts to define the success criteria and first-value delivery. You’ll act as the primary contact for any escalations during the project and work with our customers to get problems resolved.
Skills & Attributes
- Emotional Intelligence - Above all else our customers are people and want to partner with people who understand them and their needs. You should be calm under pressure, have a keen ability to read verbal and nonverbal cues and be patient and understanding with your customers.
- Outcomes First - Relationships are important but outcomes are imperative. Your ability to activate resources and lead a team towards a goal will be important to success in this role. You must be able to set proper expectations with customers and internal stakeholders to deliver on your customers’ needs.
- Business Savvy - CSMs need to act as consultants and to do so effectively you must understand the customer’s business. Understand what drives their success and have the ability to learn by listening to your customers. It isn’t necessary to come from the industry of the customer you’re working with, but it’s important that you show the ability to understand the basics of industry.
- Sales and Forecasting - Understand how to drive a sales cycle and the dependencies to get an opportunity closed. Properly forecast: probability, expected close date, and final amount.
- Analytical - Everybody brings data! Whether you’re working with a customer or working on a project internally, data drives our conversations. You should be comfortable creating data driven business cases and extracting data from CRMs and application databases (front end).
- Tech Savvy - If it was easy everyone would do it. Acrolinx is a market leading technology. As such our solutions lean towards technical expertise. You should have a working understanding of how cloud and on-premise solutions work and be comfortable working within both environments.
- Global responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy and many opportunities to make an impact
- Continuous opportunities for training as well as expanding your skills and experiences alongside the global growth of the company
- Being part of a truly diverse and international team
- Very attractive compensation with upside for strong performance
- 20 vacation days/year, flexible working hours, and an attractive range of other benefits
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
You can expect:
· A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes
· Support in getting up to speed
· Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.