Business Development Representative (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Marketing – Business Development /
Full Time, Remote
As a Business Development Representative, you play a vital role in helping Acrolinx meet or exceed its new business and revenue goals. You’re a hunter, at the forefront of the sales team, generating qualified meetings through your own smart outreach. Your ultimate goal as a Business Development Representative is to generate qualified meetings for your Field Sales Reps that will result in new customers and revenue for your territory.
The position will report to the Director of Global Pipeline Development.
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly qualified sales meeting and pipeline objectives.
- Identify key contacts using a number of resources available to you, including ZoomInfo/DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Create and A/B test effective messages for each persona to generate interest via telephone and email.
- Use Yesware to build cadences and track activity in SFDC. Keep a clean, accurate, and current record of all activities, contact, and account information.
- Immediately contact, qualify, and nurture inbound leads generated by marketing activities and website visits.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with your Field Sales reps.
- Participate in QBRs, meetings, and sales conference calls.
- Help build the funnel by participating in marketing programs as needed (may involve calling prospects to generate interest in events or dinners and attending shows and events).
- Effectively plan your daily and weekly call schedule to make sure you’re following up with all inbound leads promptly.
- Continuously expand your knowledge of Acrolinx, our personas, value framework, messaging, differentiation, industry, and competitors.
- At least 1 year of experience in an Inside Sales role.
- Excellent presentation skills; confident with public speaking.
- Assertive and creative, demonstrating intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated success cold calling and penetrating the C-suite.
- Excellent communication skills; effective at engaging prospects, instilling confidence, gaining referrals and valuable information to move a sales cycle forward.
- Outgoing, highly interpersonal, influential personality.
- Strong written communication skills to enable professional, brand building email follow-up as needed.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Fast learner with the ability to learn new products and messaging quickly.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask without getting overwhelmed.
- Positive attitude and energy. Driven and eager to professionally develop and succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Who We are
- Late stage with startup dynamics
- Open minded and inclusive
- Amazing client roster, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Nestle, HP, IBM. The list goes on and on.
- Great perks: yearly trips to our headquarters in Berlin (when we’re all back at the office and allowed to travel again), company paid phone, and internet, generous vacation policy, collaborative environment.
- You can expect a flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
- Support in getting up to speed.
- Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
- A clear, concise company vision and mission together with a clearly defined set of company values.
- We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset.
Acrolinx helps some of the largest organizations write better content, faster, with the only Content Governance solution in the world. Whether it’s a company's content guidelines or tone of voice preferences, Acrolinx captures it all, and then guides all writers — in their preferred authoring environment — to produce consistent, strategically-aligned content.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding, and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Once it’s safe to do so, we’re planning on moving back to an office setting. We’ll stay remote-friendly and flexible even post-Covid. Fully remote will be an option.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.