Technical Solutions Consultant (US/UK/EU)
UK, Remote /
Solutions Consulting – Solutions Consulting /
Acrolinx delivers award-winning linguistic software solutions to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to help create consistent and high-quality content on a global scale. Acrolinx helps some of the largest organizations write better content, faster, with the only Content Governance solution in the world. Whether it’s a company's content guidelines or tone of voice preferences, Acrolinx captures it all, and then guides all writers — in their preferred authoring environment — to produce consistent, strategically-aligned content.
We focus on Fortune 2000 enterprises and our customers include Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon. Integrating our technology into our customer’s content management processes ensures they achieve high-quality content at optimum scale and efficiency. Analysing the dynamics of content quality improvement is then essential for maintaining that high level of effectiveness. This makes for a compelling partnership.
Acrolinx has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with strong core technical skills to add value to a dedicated, motivated and friendly team of customer facing consultants.
The Technical Solutions Consultant (TSC) is a multi-faceted role in the Solutions Consulting team. Working hands on with customers and prospects as a technical solutions expert, the role will drive the success of the more technical aspects of integration with the Acrolinx platform. This role closely networks into the core technical and engineering teams to ensure knowledge sharing, technical support and skills development.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- To help establish and execute the strategy for the development and long-term support of customer-led Acrolinx platform integration and automation using APIs, SDKs or other means
- To develop and maintain custom analytics and data visualization either based on the Acrolinx core reporting tool or an extended, customer-provided analytics technology
- Knowledge capture and documentation, particularly of specific customer technical environments and product requirements, is integral to this role. Structuring, estimating and planning development activities will be essential to ensure timely delivery
As part of this remit, additional responsibilities also include:
- pre-sales consulting, prototyping, development, demonstration and expectation setting regarding analytics and integration capabilities
- technical and functional test plan development and execution
- coordination with internal product resources
- customer training and development support (both onsite and online) and assisting with in-depth product capability demonstrations
The TSC role may require knowledge of new third-party platforms and development environments. As such, it is vital that the candidate can rapidly onboard sufficient skills and establish (access to) suitable support infrastructure to achieve successful project outcomes. When prototyping or researching solutions for the consulting team, the role is expected to be able to bring a variety of technical skills and knowledge into play.
In working with third-party service providers and our partner ecosystem, the role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, the ability to technically direct short software development projects, and oversight of the overall field of development activities.
Collaborating cross-functionally and globally is critical as this role requires close partnership with Sales, Customer Success Managers, Support, Language and the Product team.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical capabilities and strong communication skills as well as experience working in a client facing, customer-first, environment. Prior experience working in the marketing or content space is a plus. The ability to travel (internationally) is essential, estimated at four times per year, for customer visits and organisational functions. The role will be a remote, work from home, position with global team members and reporting structures.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or 5+ years practical experience in a technical support, development or system administration position
- Comfortable being based in a work from home environment
- 4+ years experience of vendor- or client-facing pre and post-sale technical consultation in enterprise software implementations, mainly featuring:
- Content Management Systems
- System integrations, API development experience
- Data visualisation and analysis
- Excellent at detailed knowledge capture (written, verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts, tools and languages at pace
- Experience of program or project management
- Confidence in creating and delivering technical presentations
- Interests in linguistics, translation, terminology, cryptography, word skills etc.
- Critical thinking skills to connect information from various sources and provide resolution
- Ability to build trust, rapport, and strong relationships
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and communicate effectively in a high paced environment
- Excellent time-keeping and time-tracking skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Passionate about being a customer advocate with a sense of urgency and energy
Desired Technical Experience/Expertise
Experience with and knowledge of BI and analytics tools and capabilities, Logi Report (JReports) desirable
Good understanding of cloud architecture and client-server architecture
In-depth knowledge of the following operating systems
Linux (preferably RHEL 7 and 8)
macOS X 10.14+
Understanding of Containerisation concepts and experience with Kubernetes specifically
Knowledge of the following protocols / architectures / languages
Federated Authentication Protocols
Proxy server network architectures
Network security systems and firewalls
Knowledge of any of the following CMSs / standards / systems
Oxygen XML Web Author
Knowledge of Enterprise Code Repositories and Structural Content Editors and Version control tools such as:
Azure Git Repos
Your Work Environment
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
What we offer
Late Stage Startup dynamics and flat-hierarchies
Ownership and accountability of your work
Open minded variety of nationalities
When you join our team, you work with software that makes an impact. You’ll find evidence of
it in the communications of top global enterprises — in everything from developer
documentation to global websites. Our software contributes to ensuring those messages are clear,
consistent, on-brand, and engaging.
Join our mission
At Acrolinx, we value content. We believe in its power to fuel a business. And we know that to
be effective, it must be well written. That’s why we developed software that reads enterprise
content — in a variety of formats — and helps to improve its quality.
Born out of a long history in linguistic analytics, our advanced platform helps major brands like
Amazon, Cisco, Facebook, Google, Harley-Davidson, Microsoft, Philips, and SAP create great
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time