IT Administrator (m/f/d)
East Coast /
Corporate IT – IT /
Full Time, Remote
Acrolinx envisions a world connected by amazing content, supercharging the billions of enterprise content touchpoints that power the global customer experience. We deliver a best-in-class, AI-powered content improvement Platform to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to ensure consistent and high-quality writing on a global scale.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven IT Administrator to join our global IT team, responsible for providing IT services and support to our rapidly growing organization. You'll be a key asset, performing hands-on IT administration, user support, troubleshooting, and issue
resolution. You’ll be a member of our global IT department reporting directly to the Manager of IT, working with our experienced team, gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
The role is based on the East Coast of the US, often-times, if not permanently, working fully-remotely.
- Serving as the first point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance, often-times remotely.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix IT systems, software, hardware, and networking issues
- Provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts and devices
- Provide end-users training in computer set-up and new technologies
- Collaborate and work on IT-related tickets and requests
- Ensure response times are quick and effective to appropriately resolve requests.
- Install and configure software and operating systems, and update these systems when necessary.
- Repair computer hardware.
- Create and maintain IT-related documentation
- Conduct research to understand, explain and resolve technology issues
- Receive, configure, and ship equipment.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to our procedures and documentation.
- You are a Techie: Good understanding and working knowledge of IT services and products, operating systems and common software applications.
- Experience: You have 3-5 years of hands-on experience supporting corporate user IT needs.
- Customer Service Oriented: You are a highly empathetic person who is committed to providing our users with the best possible experience.
- Communications: Proficient in English with strong communication skills. You’re able to understand the situation and clearly articulate suggestions and solutions.
- Love to learn: You may not know it all, but love to learn and develop your knowledge and skills
- Organizational skills: You have a very structured way of working, being able to prioritize a variety of tasks and complete them diligently
- Flexibility: You know that needs change and have a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs (IT equipment)
- Have the ability to safely ship/receive IT-related equipment from your home (e.g. remote office) if needed
- Global responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy and many opportunities to make an impact
- Continuous opportunities for training as well as expanding your skills and experiences alongside the global growth of the company
- Being part of a truly diverse and international team
- Attractive compensation with upside for strong performance
- Paid vacation days, flexible working hours, and an attractive range of other benefits
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
You can expect:
· A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes
· Support in getting up to speed
· Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.