IT Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
US, Remote /
Corporate IT – IT /
Full Time, Remote
Acrolinx envisions a world connected by amazing content, supercharging the billions of enterprise content touchpoints that power the global customer experience. We deliver a best-in-class, AI-powered content improvement Platform to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to ensure consistent and high-quality writing on a global scale.
We are a small team of focused individuals evolving our area of responsibility to meet the dynamic needs of the organization. We are looking for an ambitious self-driven IT Engineer to join our global IT team and help to pave the way for rapid growth and the needed operational maturity to support our path to the future. Responsible for designing IT solutions, implementing those solutions and maintaining high levels of support throughout the lifecycle. You'll be a key asset, performing hands-on IT work, project management, process creation/tuning, automation, security hardening, managing backups, and performing issue troubleshooting and resolution.
Opportunities for personal and professional/technical growth will not only be available, but are expected to be embraced. No one knows all the answers, especially in this ever-changing field, so the team will adapt, learn and grow to meet challenges, and you will have an opportunity to grow with it. What will drive success in this position is a can-do attitude and openness to view the situation from multiple perspectives and new ways of thinking.
The candidate will be located in the Eastern US (EST) or Western Europe (GMT or GMT+1) and the role will be (depending on your location) fully-remote.
Some limited travel (domestic and international) may be required for such things as team gatherings/meetings, COVID permitting.
- As IT Administrator, you’ll work on projects and perform administration on new and existing IT infrastructure,
- Project manage and implement key initiatives
- Support our global IT infrastructure, both on premise and in the cloud
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix IT systems, software, hardware, and networking issues
- Support end-users seeking technical assistance
- Implement and maintain cloud services and infrastructure (cloud migration experience a big plus)
- Work closely with our Information Security team to implement strong security throughout the organization
- Create, improve and maintain processes (existing and new)
- Automate common tasks and processes (knowledge of scripting a big plus)
- Perform provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts and devices
- Conduct research to understand, explain and resolve technology issues
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to our procedures and documentation.
- Collaborate and work on IT-related tickets and requests
- Manage IT vendor relationships
- Ensure response times are quick and effective to appropriately resolve issues and requests
- Install and configure software and operating systems and update these systems
- Knowledge share with peers and mentor junior staff
- Receive, configure, and ship equipment
- You are a Techie: Good understanding and working knowledge of IT services and products, operating systems and common software applications.
- Experience: You have 5-8 years of hands-on experience supporting corporate user IT needs including cloud hosting.
- Up to date knowledge: Your experience includes modern technologies, configuring and managing SaaS-based services, and cloud hosting (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Customer Service Oriented: You are a highly empathetic person who is committed to providing our users with the best possible experience.
- Communications: Proficient in English with strong communication skills. You’re able to understand the situation and concisely articulate suggestions and solutions.
- Love to learn: You may not know it all, but love to learn and develop your knowledge and skills
- Organizational skills: You have a very structured way of working, being able to prioritize a variety of tasks and complete them diligently
- Project Management: You can conceptualize and organize projects including efforts from other team members and departments.
- Flexibility: You know that needs change and have a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs (IT equipment)
- Have the ability to safely ship/receive IT-related equipment from your home (e.g. remote office) if role is fully-remote (this is likely a rare occurrence)
- Global responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy and many opportunities to make an impact
- Continuous opportunities for training as well as expanding your skills and experiences alongside the rapid global growth of the company
- Being part of a truly diverse and international team
- Attractive compensation with upside for strong performance
- Paid vacation days, flexible working hours, and an attractive range of other benefits
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
You can expect:
- A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes
- Support in getting up to speed
- Autonomy to make good decisions without bureaucracy
- Global Team of all ages and backgrounds
- Experienced leadership in a number of disciplines
- A culture of mutual respect
- An environment where your opinion is respected and heard
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding, and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Once it’s safe to do so, we’re planning on moving back to an office setting. We’ll stay remote-friendly and flexible even post-Covid. Fully remote will be an option.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.