Technical Pre-Sales Consultant (m/f/d)
Pre-Sales – Pre-Sales /
Acrolinx delivers award-winning linguistic software solutions to many of the largest and most innovative international companies. Chances are, you’ve read some text today that Acrolinx software helped to shape. Our customers rely on our AI to help create consistent and high-quality content on a global scale. Acrolinx helps some of the largest organizations write better content, faster, with the only Content Governance solution in the world. Whether it’s a company's content guidelines or tone of voice preferences, Acrolinx captures it all, and then guides all writers — in their preferred authoring environment — to produce consistent, strategically-aligned content.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated, motivated and friendly team. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre- sales process with customers, the Pre-Sales Technical Consultant must be able to articulate the Acrolinx’ technology and product portfolio, positioning it to both business and technical users. Primarily engaged in a pre-sales technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the buying process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting our sales team on proposal activities.
The role is remote. The individual will work from home, based in Japan.
- Attend meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed time frames
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to customers and internal stakeholders
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Acrolinx technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the business benefits to clients of using Acrolinx
- Assume responsibility for running a bid-team, where relevant interface with the implementation, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Ability to demonstrate Acrolinx effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or 5+ years practical experience in a technical support or system administration position
- Strong understanding of: OS X, Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10, and Linux
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of PC hardware, networking, file systems
- Experience with Zendesk/Jira
- Experience with Containers and relevant technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with hosting as well as network solution designs and show integration between the two
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly
- Project management experience a distinct advantage
- Apply critical thinking skills to connect information from various sources and provide resolution
- Experience with virtualization software such as VMware
- Background in linguistics, translation, or terminology
- Fluent Japanese
- Global responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy and many opportunities to make an impact
- Continuous opportunities for training as well as expanding your skills and experiences alongside the global growth of the company
- Being part of a truly diverse and international team
- Very attractive compensation with upside for strong performance
- 20 vacation days/year, flexible working hours, and an attractive range of other benefits
You’ll join an international team of friendly, dynamic people who are passionate about their jobs.
You can expect:
• A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes
• Support in getting up to speed
• Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset. Some of us speak at conferences, organize meetups, write about programming, or contribute to open-source projects.
The core of our product is a linguistic engine, which analyzes written text—not just for spelling and grammar but also for good style and consistency. Just look at our list of happy customers, which include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe. We also have customers of comparable size and impact in other industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.