Spanish Language Engineer (m/f/d)
Germany, Remote /
Linguistic Engineering and Innovations – ALEI /
Acrolinx helps the world’s greatest brands to create amazing content. Built on an advanced Al engine, Acrolinx is the only software platform that can actually “read” your content and guide writers to make it better. That’s why companies like Adobe, Google, Facebook and
Siemens use Acrolinx to create content that’s more engaging, enjoyable, and impactful.
We are looking for a Language Engineer based in Europe to build Spanish linguistic components of our platform. We are seeking an individual who enjoys analyzing language with an eye for detail and finding linguistic patterns to help people write more effectively. In this role, you’ll develop Spanish components of our software as well as respond to linguistic inquiries from our customers.
This position is either based in our headquarters in Berlin or in your home office. Your work hours can be flexible provided sufficient overlap with core working hours in our Berlin and Tokyo offices. If working from your home office, you will be expected to travel to our Berlin headquarters every 1-2 months.
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Develop, test and maintain linguistic rules in Acrolinx’ proprietary linguistic formalism
- Help design, develop and improve machine-learning models for linguistic components
- Maintain and extend the Acrolinx dictionaries
- Maintain and extend linguistically annotated corpora for specific components like POS tagger
- Help design and develop new linguistic components of the Acrolinx platform
Skills and Experiences you should have:
- A Master's degree (or higher) in Computational Linguistics with a deep understanding of (Spanish) Linguistics
- Native fluency in Spanish with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Near-native or professional fluency in English
- Basic knowledge in Shell and one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Basic understanding of XML and HTML
These skills are not mandatory, but nice to have:
- Proficiency in French
- Knowledge in HPSG (head-driven phrase structure grammar)
- Knowledge in machine learning
- Experience with additional relevant technologies or languages such as SQL, Amazon Web Services, BERT
- Experience in customer-facing support
You can expect:
- A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
- Support in getting up to speed.
- Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
You’ll join a really international team of friendly, dynamic people in Berlin who are passionate about their jobs.
In addition to a high degree of responsibility and room for individual development, we also offer a range of nice benefits:
- Team and company events, e.g. Christmas and summer parties, participation in sporting events
(if the COVID-19 situation allows this again)
- Subsidies for a BVG ticket or a JobBike
- Very attractive, company-sponsored Company pension scheme
- Lunch subsidies and much more...
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.
Acrolinx is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Acrolinx makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.